Union Baptist Church Seeks a Youth Pastor
Seeking Candidates for the Following Position:
For Union Baptist Church
Union Baptist Church is a small, but close-knit church in Elgin, SC. Founded in 1861, Union Baptist has long standing ties to the town of Elgin and to the state of South Carolina. We are a church with an exceptional history that is looking towards the future in many ways, especially with regards to strengthening and developing our youth.
- Position Summary
- The Youth Pastor will be expected to assist the Church Staff and Administration with the designing, coordinating and overseeing of a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on building young disciples for Christ. The job will include ministering to the youth of Union Baptist church as well as assisting with the coordination and organization of youth events and activities.
- Position Responsibilities
- Minister to and mentor the youth of Union Baptist church (“the youth”)
- Assist with the development, implementation, and/or improvement of youth curriculum that includes, but is not limited to the areas of:
- Spiritual Strength
- Physical Fitness
- Emotional Well-being
- Mental Development
- Participate in, as well as be willing to lead, youth activities
- Help coordinate youth mission and outreach endeavors
- Assist with other aspects of the Church ministry as required
- Weekly time commitment is 10 to 15 hours.
- Ordained Pastor or Seminary student with a minimum of two years completed in school or higher
- Prior youth ministry experience not required but preferred.
- Willing to become an official and active Member of Union Baptist Church
- Contact Information
Interested individuals should submit a resume by Friday, January 14, 2022 to
“Youth Pastor Search Committee
c/o Pam Medlin
PO Box 116, Elgin, SC 29045”
Email resumes to: “email@example.com”
Please include “Youth Pastor Search Committee” in the subject line