Welcome to the Columbia Metro Connection, a podcast where you can go to get valuable, relevant, and quality resources for you and your congregation.
Joining us this week is Robbie McAlister, People Groups Consultant with the South Carolina Baptist Convention and Ryan Dupree, International Minister at Columbia’s First Baptist Church to talk to us a little about the importance of multi ethnic congregational expressions.
- The Lord, throughout history, has created unique opportunities for his church to spread his gospel, and I think that immigration is one of those opportunities.
- When it comes to immigration, we believe that God is using it to ask us the question, “What will you do with this opportunity?”
- Love is the means by which we engage people from different nations. By showing them love, we show them that God cares for them.
- When we help immigrants overcome their fears of a new area, they’re more open to hearing the message of the gospel.
- Persistent relationship building is the means to reach people with the message of the gospel, regardless of their background.
- It is our desire to see every ethnic group reached in our state, beginning right here in the Midlands.
Robbie McAlister – (803)315 – 2741
Ryan Dupree – email@example.com