One Priority Briefing for Congregational Leaders from George Bullard – Monday, June 28, 2021
A Family of Baptist Congregations in the Midlands of South Carolina
Our One Priority: Starting and Strengthening Churches to Serve as Vital and Vibrant Missional Communities.
CMBA Goes Virtual Thursday, July 1st!
The CMBA office is going virtual as of this Thursday, July 1st. All staff and consultants will use their home office or other places available to them. If you wish to meet with them, they will come to your church, another meeting place, or connect with you by telephone or videoconference. DO NOT hesitate to reach out to us. We are available to you. We just no longer have a physical location.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Mail and Financial Contributions: Our official mailing address will continue to be CMBA, PO Box 23192, Columbia, SC 29224. (Please do not send mail to North Trenholm Baptist Church as this will delay our receiving it.)
- Online Donations: Online contributions from churches or individuals can continue to be made on our website at www.ColumbiaMetro.org by using the Donate button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Telephone: Our telephone number will continue to be 803.619.7110. (Or you should always feel free to call or text George Bullard at 803.622.0923.)
- E-mail: Our email address will continue to be CMBA@ColumbiaMetro.org. (Or you should always feel free to e-mail George Bullard at GeorgeBullard@ColumbiaMetro.org.)
- Hunger Ministry Food Pantry: This will continue to be located at Belmont Baptist Church, 901 Mason Road, Columbia, SC 29203. It is only open by request from a CMBA church for them to deliver or pick up hunger ministry items, or to drop off items such as health kits and other ministry items. Contact Cathy Locklear for an appointment until August 31, 2021. (A new contact person will be provided later.)
Hold Thursday, October 7th to Honor Cathy Locklear on Her Retirement
Although Cathy Locklear is retiring August 31, 2021, after 22 years as our Impacting Communities Mobilizer, we are waiting until our Annual Meeting to be held on Thursday, October 7th to honor her with a reception. It will be an evening gathering at a place and time to be announced later.
CMBA staff and mobilizers are engaged with each of these congregations as part of our focus on new congregational expressions. Lead and assisting congregations in our family are encouraged to pray for and support the ministry of these congregations.