One Priority Briefing for Congregational Leaders from George Bullard — Monday, October 19, 2020
A Family of Baptist Congregations in the Midlands of South Carolina
Our One Priority: Starting and Strengthening Churches to Serve as Vital and Vibrant Missional Communities.
October 18th-24th is the national Week of Prayer for Baptist Associations. What does it mean to pray for your Baptist association – the Columbia Metro Baptist Association? That all depends on what you consider to be the association.
Let’s begin by considering the priority of CMBA which is listed above as Starting and Strengthening Congregations to Serve as Vital and Vibrant Missional Communities. As you let that priority sink in, you should realize that our association is churches-in-association with one another and not the organizational entity known as the Columbia Metro Baptist Association. Yes, we need the staff and structure of the association to function with effectiveness, but that is not our focus; congregations in fellowship on mission are our focus.
Therefore, when you pray for your association you should be praying for your sister congregations. You should be lifting one another up in prayer. You should share your joys, burdens, opportunities, and challenges with one another so that we might best support one another.
To emphasize our mutual ministry, we are doing several things this week:
- Each day on our Facebook page we are listing a group of congregations for whom you can pray.
- The One Priority Podcast to be released on Tuesday will feature our moderator Bill Wright of Temple Baptist Church and voice moderator J Thompson of Cedar Creek Baptist Church talking about the association.
- The One Priority Briefing Live! will feature George Bullard talking about Boldly Going Where No Association Has Gone Before. (The link for Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85604229802.
- The Family Story for the week, written by Julia Bell, will be on association appreciation and will be posted on Wednesday morning to our website and Facebook page.
- The Wednesday Word from George Bullard will focus on his personal testimony of a life dedicated to Baptists associations through all dimensions of the Baptist life.
Check out this Family Story from Julia Bell and share it with others – Thankful for Ministers! — https://columbiametro.org/thankful-for-ministers/
George Bullard wrote an insightful article – Calling, Community, and Congregation During a Pandemic — https://columbiametro.org/calling-during-a-pandemic/
Listen to our podcast with Cathy Locklear – OPP 046: Spreading the Gospel Through Hunger Ministries — https://columbiametro.org/podcast-046/
Our One Priority Briefing and the Our One Priority Briefing Online Gathering are made possible by the financial gifts of the member and network congregations of the Columbia Metro Baptist Association at www.ColumbiaMetro.org, CMBA@ColumbiaMetro.org, or 803.619.7110. To donate go to https://columbiametro.org/donate/. Gifts can be made to the general fund, to hunger ministry, or to disaster response.